HOW TO REMOVE AND INSTALL COMPRESSOR MANIFOLDS (6511491)
6 mm Hex key
O-ring pick (gpd #5811493)
Always use eye protection
1. Evacuate your vehicle’s air conditioning system; remove lines; Remove compressor and locate manifold on old compressor. The manifold is usually on top of the compressor. *Be sure to note which way the manifold sits on the compressor. Clean around the manifold and remove excess dirt beforeremoving hex bolts. (The manifold pictured is a representation; yours may look different).
2. Remove the 2x6mm bolts using caution as compressor may be under pressure. Remove manifold from old compressor taking care not to get any dirt inside manifold. If concerned, clean dirt away.
3. Place new compressor facing the same way as the one removed from the vehicle. Locate shipping plate on top of compressor. Undo 2x6mm hex bolts. Caution! Every gpd compressor is tested before leaving factory, so there is a high probability that it will be under pressure; use caution when removing plate.
4. Remove the shipping plate from the new compressor. Use caution not to get dirt inside of the compressor or knock the compressor over. Gpd compressors come with the correct amount of oil for your vehicle’s a/c system. It is always best practice to remove new oil in a clean measuring cup to make sure you have the proper amount of oil for your specific vehicle. gpd uses PAG 46 oil in its compressors.
5. If you purchased a gpd compressor kit, it will come with a rapid seal O-ring kit. If your new compressor does not have an O-ring, locate the manifold gasket and place on compressor where the old one was located. Note: The new gpd compressor will have a spacer on the bolts. Discard the spacer and plate and keep the bolts.
6. Place manifold from old compressor on to your new compressor and
tighten. Caution! Make sure the manifold is in the right direction, it will fit on the compressor backwards and will have a dramatic effect on the performance of your new compressor. Ensure the manifold is put on the new compressor in the same place/location as when it was taken from the old one.